SERVING SIZE: 1 burger
PREPARATION TIME: 10 minutes
COOK TIME: 25 minutes
Oven or toaster oven
1 15.5 ounce can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup canned corn, rinsed
1 cup old fashioned oatmeal, uncooked
2 teaspoons yellow mustard
2 Tablespoons ketchup
½ cup canned, diced tomatoes
Oil for baking sheet
1. Preheat oven or toaster oven to 400°F.
2. Put kidney beans into bowl and mash with fork.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
4. Form into 6 patties. Set aside.
5. Cover a baking sheet with foil.
6. Pour a drop of oil where burgers will be placed on the baking sheet.
7. Bake for 15 minutes or until brown. Flip and bake for 10 more minutes.
8. Let cool for 10 minutes on baking sheet.
-Eat with fresh vegetables or serve on a whole-wheat bun with cheese, lettuce, tomato and onions.
-Save the leftover corn and tomatoes to make a simple salsa or add to a soup.
Recipe submitted by Mount Mary University Dietetics Department