SERVING SIZE: 1 Muffin Tin Omelet
PREPARATION TIME: 10 minutes
COOK TIME: 25-35 minutes
1 green pepper, diced
1/2 sweet, yellow or red onion, diced
1/2 cup spinach, chopped (fresh or frozen)
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF.
2. Spray non-stick cooking spray into a muffin tin.
3. Chop all vegetables.
4. Add 1 tbsp. olive oil into skillet and let heat.
5. Sauté all vegetables for 3-5 minutes on medium high heat.
6. Whisk together eggs in a small bowl.
7. Pour the vegetables into the whisked eggs.
8. Pour ½ cup of egg and vegetable mixture into each sprayed muffin tin.
9. Place in oven and bake for 20-30 minutes or until cooked through and liquid is cooked off the eggs.
10. Let cool completely before eating.
-You can add or subtract any vegetables you wish. Use anywhere from 1/4 to 1/2 cup of each vegetable depending on how many you use
-Wrap individual eggs in plastic wrap and place in freezer bags. Store in refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Recipe submitted by Mount Mary University Dietetics Department