SERVING SIZE: 1 cup
PREPARATION TIME: 5 minutes
COOK TIME: 15-20 minutes
Measuring cups and spoons
1 16 ounce package whole wheat pasta (rotini works best)
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup warm water
1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
2 Tablespoons cider vinegar
4 teaspoons sugar
1 2 ½ pound bag frozen vegetables (broccoli, peas, peppers, onion, etc.)
2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
Optional: 1 can chicken or 2 cups diced chicken
1. Cook pasta using directions on package.
2. While the pasta cooks prepare the sauce and vegetables.
3. In a medium bowl, combine peanut butter, warm water, soy sauce, vinegar,
and sugar. Mix until sugar dissolves.
4. In a microwave-safe bowl, add thawed frozen vegetables and ½ cup water.
Steam in microwave for 3-5 minutes until hot.
5. Drain off excess water.
6. Pour peanut sauce and steamed veggies over cooked drained pasta in a
7. Toss and serve either warm or cold.
Recipe submitted by Mount Mary University Dietetics Department